Sunday, November 10, 2013

"HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUST! - November 4, 2013 - Shaffhausen, Switzerland

Hi Family!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUST! I love you! And your precious family. But you are still my family too! Write me!

I know Mom it's killing me to keep wearing shoes that are honestly not acceptable! So yes, I probably do want the brown shoes. 

So now I'm starting to read Jesus the Christ. But very slowly. Anyone up for that?

I had my first interview with my mission president! It was supposed to be 10 minutes and mine was 25 minutes long. Lots of people in our district had their interviews go long but I think mine was the longest . . . Oops. I just had questions!

This week we cleaned out the church as a branch. And Sister McEwen and I cleaned out our apartment and keller (basement....the basement is typically for storage and would be divided for people who live in the building). Yeah, gross. And so necessary. Future missionaries of our apartment in Schaffhausen, y'welcome.

Did I ever answer your question about senior companions? Sister McEwen and I are both senior companions. .
Sometimes we're a little clueless, but not really that clueless. We're doing a good job.

Okay, I want to say this to everyone.  This is from President Uchtdorf, "I invite each of you to open your heart to Him. Seek Him through study and prayer. Come to His church, even the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Learn of Him and of HIs gospel, participate actively, help each other, and joyfully serve our God."

I echo President Uchtdorf's invitation! With all my heart. I don't say a whole ot of spiritual stuff in my emails home, but I hope it always comes through in my emails that I know the church is true. This invitation is for EACH OF US, regardless of our current standing in relation to Christ's church. And I testify that it this is HIS CHURCH. That might sound pretentious, and I wouldn't say it unless I knew it to be true. 

Shout out to the Cascade 4th Ward! Our ward is STACKED. Me, Conner, Connor, Hayden, Carter, Brady, Chase, Matt, Mitchell, and McKay, ALL IN THE MISSION FIELD (uh I'm really sorry if I forgot anyone . . . awkward). And Ben and Devin who have just come back and who are I'm sure still being awesome missionaries. Tell Dev I'm proud of him! I hope our ward is proud of all the power houses they have in the field!

So remember B.? From last week? Bad news. We had an awesome lesson where he told us he really wants to find out the truth and that he will do everything we say for three weeks (read, pray, come to church . . .) and wait for an answer to come. And so we were totally going to have a lesson on Saturday but that fell out and on Sunday he didn't answer his phone. Or come to church. That happens sometimes. When you go on a mission, you are signing up for heartbreak.

And yes we've been teaching! Teaching is what we live for. We only had two lessons with a member last week, and five without a member, plus one lesson with a convert, and that's not that many. Plus a few fall outs. That usually happens. But I believe that as we step it up with the less actives we will find investigators. Fun fact, Schaffhausen just has its own flair. They call investigators freunde der kirche oder besucheren (friends of the Church or searchers) . Uh I don't know if I'm spelling that right. Mom, you can fix it. And they call weniger activen (less actives) vermisste freunde (missing friends).

It is really good being Sister McEwen's companion. Sister McEwen and I are just really open and if we get bugged we talk about it right away.

Yes I am happy! There's nowhere I would rather be. 

Love you family! Thanks for everything.


This is such a typical apartment house in Switzerland.  


No comments:

Post a Comment