Monday, July 7, 2014

"Explain to me in English what is going on?" July 7, 2014 - From Solothurn

Hiiiii! So guess what we had 3 investigators at church yesterday. We really tried to invite everyone to church and some new friends came! All three of these people were in church for the first time.

Hey I forgot to tell you that I was so happy to get a referral from home! (a neighbor who does business in Switzerland sent her a "referral" . . . the name of a friend in Switzerland that they suggested that Sister Kate visit). Something keeps getting in the way of us going by to see them but I think this week we really will! And I'm really excited.

Elder Cottam, our new missionary who Elder Kelly is training,  is just like an elder they would draw a picture of in the friend. He has big black glasses and he's really blonde and he always has this big grin on his face. Quote of the week from Elder Cottam: "Will somebody please explain to me in English what is going on?"

A fun story to share . . . One time we met this lady in her store. We actually went in there to use the store's bathroom. And she was very nice and we talked about the church and offered to bring her a BOM in English. She didn't want to give us her information because she said she was almost always at the store. We went by the store many times but never found the store open. Then one time we went by and it was literally shut down. So we thought we would never see her again. Then we got on the bus one day and I said hi to this lady and it was her and now we know where her new store is. She will get her BOM this week.


Sorry this is so short. I love you all and I know the church is true. I'm grateful to be a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment