Monday, August 4, 2014

"Strongest person I know" - August 4, 2014 - From Solothurn


Dear Family, 

So guess what. I'm writing you a letter today!  So don't worry, more info is coming. But for now! Transfer day was nuts. I got up at 5:45 and went to bed at 11:30. That means I put Sister Blohm on her train and then I was in a drit with the Schwamendingen Sisters (in Zurich) until Sister Bognar's train came in. Sister Bognar was in Zollikofen for four transfers. Then in Germany. Now she will probably have four transfers here and then go home. The question is what will happen to me?

Sister Kate and her new companion Sister Bognar



Quote of the week:
Elder Kelly: "This is boring! There was more of a party when Argentina beat Switzerland!"

Ha ha it was true. The Argentinians were pretty happy. We were all stoked for the first of August in Switzerland and nothing that cool even happened. There was no street party in Solothurn that we could find. The partiers probably went to the bigger cities. Luckily a member family invited us to celebrate with them and one of their nonmember friends. But they had an awesome fireworks show in Biel the night before and Ivanka showed me pictures and videos and telling me that it was better than one in America. Ha ha not quite. But good.

I had a day where I was really nervous about getting Sister Bognar.
Sister Blohm: "Are you still really nervous?"
Me: "Yes."
Sister Blohm: "You don't need to worry. You are the strongest person I know."
I was really surprised at that. The strongest person she knows is surely a gross exaggeration. So I said, "No I'm not."
Sister Blohm: "You really are. My other companions cried when someone on the street said something mean instead of laughing and cry and buy chocolate and talk about stupid boys when they don't get mail."

Ha ha that made me feel good. I guess did have a few good reasons for calling me strong. Also, I don't really laugh. Sometimes people are just funny and then I have to laugh a little about something mean they said after they are gone.

Guess what - yesterday was great. For lots of reasons. Fast Sundays are always the greatest anyway. Fadil came to church and also to the baptism of an 8-year-old in our ward. He now has a new tauf datum for later. We also had a lesson with him after the baptism with a member present. It's hard to know exactly how much he understands, but he has great faith. Before the Kindertaufe all the missionaries were invited to an adorable member family's for Sunday dinner. Sister Bognar and I beat the elders in fussball and they were so ashamed.

Remember Michelle? The 14-year-old? She is in Lausanne with an LDS family for a few weeks working on her French! I am just hoping that she is having a good experience and that she will feel the Spirit in this home. Her mom got a list of the bishops in French-speaking wards and contacted them all to see if Michelle could come stay with any of them and be a kind of nanny for a few weeks. Smart of her, right? I hope it makes a difference because she hasn't been showing so much interest. Some of the people influencing her aren't really helping.

I'm sorry that this isn't very long. We also have started teaching this Muslim family who are our neighbors. They are from Kazakhstan. Also we now have contact with a less active finally who I feel like we will really be able to help. Did I tell you already? We are going to help her with her English. I love her.

Mommy I'm so proud of you and impressed with your scripture reading (and the rest of you but you don't tell me so much about it). I love hearing your insights about missionary work. It's always good to read the scriptures with a certain theme in mind and we will learn so much. Elder Bednar said that.


Well I'm grateful for your continued support. Enjoy Lake Powell! I love Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. And I love you Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment