Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014 - From Luzern

November 17, 2014

I met up with Karen and Nathalie Mast (Karen is Katie's Dad's cousin.  She married a Swiss she met on her mission in England and they have lived and raised their three girls in Switzerland)  this week and I am so glad they made the effort to come see me.  I thought it was important. We met in Zurich.  And, of course, because Sister Oswald's family is like one of the most well-known to the members in Switzerland, Karen actually knew her family. She recognized Oswald right away. I always tell Sister Oswald she is a celebrity. She has people she has never met bringing her treats to stake conference and stuff.

The fireside did go well! Maybe not as well as I know some of the other ones have been going but still great.I don't know how much I have told you or how much you have seen about the progress of musical firesides since Sister Siems, Sister Peacock, Sister Määttä and me started this whole thing in March.

Check out this website:


Two elders have permission from president to develop these musical firesides as a part of their missionary work. And now they both have contracts to work in Berlin after this. Crazy. The St. Gallen Stake and especially the Winterthur Ward is all over these firesides. All the missionaries say it was what most of stake conference was about.

So yesterday at the fireside I sang with my friend Salome, who is an amazing singer. This weekend is the scary one that is in Luzern. I'm singing a harder song with Tabby who isn't as amazing as Salome!  More depends on me. Scary. But it has been worth it for the chance to see Tabby all the time. She and Sara were in church again yesterday and she started telling me during relief society about how I have made a big difference for her. Really sweet. Really crazy, but really sweet.

There's a picture of Salome and me as well as me with my sweet Sister Weibel from Schaffhausen... who isn't actually from Schaffhausen just assigned there because her husband is the branch president. She told me she cries every time she hears me sing. That would have been the fourth time she has heard me because of the two times in church and the two musical firesides so far.





Want to know something cool? We have been inviting less actives/inactives (actually I don't always differentiate between the two so if I say someone is inactive or less active they could be either) to the musical fireside and we went to this sweet couple who comes every once in a while (I had seen them once at church since I have been in Luzern) and only the husband was home and he thought it was such a shame that he couldn't invite us in  (Sister missionaries don't go inside when there is only a male in the home) and then he said that they would come to church on Sunday and we could make an appointment then. And they did come! But we didn't get to make an appointment because we needed to make it with her and she was always talking to someone. They have great relationships with many ward members. But today we are here doing emails at the church and they are here cleaning the church! The wife told me that her husband noticed yesterday when they were here that no one had signed up to clean the church and he asked if they could do it. (Although the church has regional employees who take care of major repairs,  but church members sign up to clean the church building weekly).  And she didn't have work today so they did! So nice of the two of them to come and clean the church. And now we were able to talk and now we have an appointment. And I know they will be blessed for their service. 

I did get my package. Mommy you know that cool picture you made me with my name tag in it? If there is ever a picture of Sister Oswald's name tag alone on dropbox, maybe you could make one for her like you made for me. I think she would like it.
  
I want to do crossfit when I get back. Any chance of that? That can replace gymnastics and I can do pilates and yoga still. :)

I want pictures of the puppy. Boy or girl?

P.S. I like that Connor called you! That makes me feel like Connor and Hayden and his friend Brooke would like to be friends with me. Too bad it's so far away. Tell them I say thanks. And call Jackie! She hasn't responded. If there's a spot in her ward that doesn't smell like Slab Pizza I want it. That apartment complex is kinda ghetto but it's way close to campus and I'll probably be at home kind of a lot . .

Well I love you. Sorry my emails are kinda lame. I love being a missionary. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The end.



No comments:

Post a Comment