Sunday, November 2, 2014

"Okay, minor crisis here...." October 27, 2014 from Lucerne

October 27, 2014

Hey it's the missionary. I'm having a little bit of a rough time. I'm just not always Christlike enough. I'm still really tired all the time, but life is good nevertheless.

Hey Happy Birthday to the Joey! (her sister Lindsey's terrific husband)

Okay minor crisis here . . . super minor but still important to me. Remember how you were all nice and sent me what you remembered about my setting apart blessing? And remember how whatever you sent me is buried in a pocket of my suitcase and one time I tried looking for it but had no luck? Yep,   this is a crisis because I would really like to look back on my setting apart blessing right now. So if you still have your notes somewhere in some Dear Elder email or on your computer somewhere, I would love to have them. I just feel like it's such a shame that I can't really think back on it.

We had two major service projects this week. We helped a less active, Tabby, clean her house in preparation for her moving out. It took forever. We have done a lot of cleaning.

We also helped the Richterswil Ward with their awesome service project on Saturday! They worked with an organization that gives direct help to impoverished people in Romania. So they really advertised in the community that the church in Richterswil was doing this project so there were lots of non-members coming to drop things off and there was a lunch buffet and everything was really well organized. One of the goals was to help the community know that there is an LDS church there, and that they're doing good things. There was a lot of cooperation from non-members and so many members participated. They collected bedding, clothes, games, Christmas gifts, and so forth.

As a side note, the people in this area are generally quite well off. I saw a lot of clothes I would have loved to have kept (Burberry, JCrew . . .). Plenty of things still had tags on them.  The bishop was really great and I really liked him.

Interesting events of the week. I left the phone on a train. I freaked out and we went back to the bahnhof to look for it, even though we were on our way to an appointment we had with a less active. Someone had turned it in to the lost and found. Yayyyy. Our appointment had already been looking shaky because our less active wasn't answering the phone, but then we went after we found the phone and she wasn't there. Never had been there. Her partner said she was out of town.

Then the next day I left a bag of missionary clothes on the train. We had wanted to change into missionary clothes after serving at Tabby's. Those I never found again. I do a lot of dumb things. My poor companion. 

We had an interesting church meeting yesterday. Because here because of the time change they watch the last session of general conference as a ward. So we had the sacrament and then watched general conference. It was also at 3 in the afternoon because of the marathon that morning. In the morning no public transportation was going. So we did weekly planning yesterday.

We had a great lesson with a less active preparing her for her patriarchal blessing. Last night we slept over in Olten with the Olten sisters. Terrible idea, but we did it because we're having a district P-day today for Sister Wüst's last P-day. I'm in Zurich at an internet cafe.

We had this super crazy storm one night with thunder and lightning and pelting rain. Yes, we got caught in it. I was very impressed with my windproof umbrella. But I still got soaked. Because of the storm, the next morning our train was CANCELED. At least we hear it was because of the storm. So we couldn't go see our progressing investigator! Who is our favorite. But we ended up basically having a lesson over the phone and we will see her tomorrow. She has been reading in the Book of Mormon and I'm so excited about the progress she is making. 

Love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment