Sunday, July 28, 2013

A special treat for Kate's "mum"

It didn't take long to realize that as a missionary mom you are hungry for any
information about your missionary. So I'm sharing this sweet note from one of 
Katie's 4 roommates at the MTC.  I had asked Katie to let me know each girl's favorite treats, and 
included them in packages I sent during their MTC days.  

Okay, so my two favorite parts are these:  

#1 She calls me "mum". She's from Scotland and how cute is that?
#2 She gives me insights into Katie's missionary life.  Kate is NOT a primper with regard to her hair; unless, of course, you are doing it for her (sorry Kate).  So I was actually kind of impressed that her hair looked "done" in some of the pictures she sent from the MTC.  So now  I know the TRUTH!  Sister McEwen was doing my "little girl's hair"!  I'll have to ask Katie about the "tucking in" part!  

My daughter-in-law Lizzy told me last week that they had the missionaries in their ward in Washington over for dinner and afterwards she called the missionary's mom here in Lehi.  I know that meant the world to that mom!  

When we wake up tomorrow,  we should have an email with news from Vienna!  I'm excited!



No comments:

Post a Comment