Monday, July 29, 2013

"So I live in Vienna . . . " July 29, 2013

I'm taking a guess that this is the street Kate lives on.
That's her on the sidewalk.


Hiiiiii Family!!

So I live in Vienna . . .

Remember when I said that about Jerusalem? (Katie studied a semester abroad in Jerusalem last Fall) Well now I live in Vienna. And according to my friend Richard Huy (who you should probably google. Apparently he's a really famous international lawyer and he was a billionaire and then he went blind and he's just now starting to work again), Vienna is the most beautiful city in the world. And he has traveled more than anyone I know. He has been to almost every country in the world. Seriously I think he's been to most of them. He and his wife Bogi (No idea how you spell that. She is from Mongolia.), have proclaimed themselves my "Vienna parents." And pretty much every missionary's who serves in this ward. They are ward missionaries in our ward. I serve in the Wein Erste Gemainde with my trainer Sister Judd. She is soooo great! She is from Las Vegas.  She has a really strong testimony and she's a very good missionary. She's especially good at teaching.

My MTC roommates are all over. Sister McEwen is in Switzerland now! Sister Packer is in Munich. And Sister Kervinen is somewhere outside of Vienna and we're in the same zone! So I'll see her every once in a while. And Sister Maatta is also somewhere in Switzerland.

I was really excited to find out when Sister Judd picked me up from the train station that we had an appointment that night! With a brand new investigator who she hadn't even taught yet. That was so fun. We taught this 16-year-old girl with our friend Miga who is another ward missionary. I will try and write you more information in print. She's out of town (like a lot of our investigators) but hopefully she will progress and want to learn more.

I can't even tell you how much fun it is to be teaching real live people. I love people. In a couple of cases we have taught in English so I have really been able to teach real people. There's nothing better.

We live with two other sisters who serve in the international ward in Wien. They are so amazing and so much fun! Their names are Sister Harmon and Sister Woods and they're from Colorado and Springville.

It is so hot and humid here! Ugh gross (Vienna has had temperatures up to 100 this last week). We are on public transportation all the time. The only setting where there has been air conditioning was this one bus we were on. Wien (I love that how you say the name of the city in German, is completely different than "Vienna"...it is spelled "Wien" and pronounced "Veen") is huge and we have to get around. I love being a missionary. Really I do. I'm sorry my emails are so scatterbrained and I promise you have more info coming. I love you all sooooo much.

Love,
Sister Lewis

Sister Judd (companion)  & Sister Lewis at the chapel

Saying goodbye to Sister Kervinen at the train station

No comments:

Post a Comment